All that Glitters isn't Gold - Century Ride
Back for 2022 a 160k Century Ride - Severn Bridge Series BRONZE GRIMPEUR AAA event.
Free finishers' patch for all riders.
An event for experienced Randonneurs, capable of riding long distances in all conditions, carrying all necessary food, clothing, spares, first aid etc
A very audacious but breathtaking ride into the Southern Edges of the Brecon Beacons National Park.
1. 22% Climb in Wentwood.
2. Canalside Coffee Stop in Pontypool on the Monmouthshire Canal.
3. Amazing views of the New Severn Bridge from Shirenewton.
4. Climb the 200m from Pontypool to the top of the disused railway line in Blaenavon World Heritage Site / Big Pit National Mine Museum via the National Cycle Path.
5. Passing North through broad-leaf woodland with its splendid old mining and quarrying ruins and offers fantastic views east across the valley of Afon Llwyd.
6. Ride past Garn Lakes & its Nature Reserve within the world heritage site.
7. Enjoy the off road National Cycle Network Paths to Brynmawr and Abertillery.
See Route Here - https://www.plotaroute.com/route/1623234?units=km
Mostly quiet lanes and minor roads with easy navigation.
Event Medal is available for purchase £4.00
Entry on the Line (EOL) possible - £3 surcharge, payment by card or cash.
This event qualifies as a 150k ride in the Super Rouleur Award - See Details Here - www.audaxwales.com/super-rouleur-award/
FULL EVENT DETAILS AT www.audaxwales.com/events/all-that-glitters-isnt-gold-century-ride/
Event Date and Location
The following extra information has been provided by the event organiser
For your own security, always virus-check any file you download before opening it.
Unable to display event map
Any material associated with this event is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
The item has been added to your basketClick on the basket icon above to go to checkout